Sunday, April 4, 2010

nike brand glow more like a mirage!


Wonderment. Yesterday, whilst selling off goods and chattels at a local market I saw the power of the Nike brand.
In an endeavour to continue the re-use cycle of my MUCH loved running shoes, I threw them in to the mix of oddments as I laid my life on sale at a local market.

Despite their clear use, these shoes were snapped up with glee. In fact, by people who didn't even fit them!

I am happy my shoes will continue their life and am reminded of the long memory of consumers for strong brands, even with significantly reduced above the line advertising.
I wonder however if their more "engaged" consumers through a more integrated / engaging marketing strategy are actually more engaged than we all were with the message to 'just do it'?
What are your thoughts on Nike's marketing strategy?

image: www.sneakerfiles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment