Saturday, June 13, 2009

Is it possible to create a blog that is not all about me?

If so – this is my attempt.

And I have just used the word MY in the first sentence. Brilliant.

It would be great to create a forum of people who are intrigued with brand and its purpose, role, intent, shape and form. A forum where people can share their own thoughts without the influence of peers and in the spirit of genuinely challenging thinking.

To start the ball rolling…the word Brand seems like a very dated term for the truest nature of brand – which I think is the feeling people get when they consider your company or any of its manifestation. The feeling is actually what your brand is. I know Brand is not a logo. But I feel the word constrains the concept.

But then nit-picking about the relevant word is just more of the same. Perhaps we should just focus on the customer, their feeling (experience), and forget about the rest.

So – what do you think – should the word Brand go? How else could we articulate a broader, deeper connection with and identification of an organisation.

Is a large number of “I’s” in this post OK if the intent is to create discussion? Or is that still all about me?

(26 Nov, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment